Friday, June 11, 2010

My view on the oil spill.



OK so I guess I will write this in two parts having both the parts in this one blog. This was a request from Darrin and to be honest I don't know a clue about the oils spills. All I know is that it happened done.
You would think I watch more news and stuff.. maybe I should but a request is a request so I am gonna write what I think about it with my knowledge so far.

Knowing nothing:
Sooo there has been this oil spill in the gulf of mexico I think? and just oil in the water sucks. I can barely imagine how many animals have died or gotten sick over this.I am no hippie or environmentalist but I think something has to be done, and fast. I hear Kevin Pereira talk about it a lot on attack of the show. He showed clips of where he was drawing in the sand but it was full of oil. It was sooo gross. I hear there was more than one spill too. Really more than one how can people be letting this happen i think it is just out right ridiculous. Then again half the things on the news is hence the reason I don't watch or read it.

After reading up on it.:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_gulf_oil_spill
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellness/bp-gulf-oil-spill-hazardous-health-risks-humans/story?id=10761677&page=2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bp_oil_spill


Really wth how can you let THAT much oil spill out? Two Million gallons a day!!! Not only is this hurting marine like but humans too!Fisherman that were out on their boats got sick and had to flee the area for medical attention. Gosh how bad it this gonna get I almost don't want to keep reading. Ok so I read two articles and can't think of what to write... This is a fail blog argh. So now we know current events is not my thing... let me see if I can find more.....
Wait this thing is cancerous that is no bueno. Ok so from Wiki the oil spill was caused by an explosion on the Deepwater Horizon oil rig. Apparently there have been numerous smaller spills and fire at this rig before and they have been written citations for this. You would think someone would notice something bad out of this. This whole thing is just pissing me off reading about. All I can find is bad news on it. Where is the good news about it being fixed? Blarg Whatever!

Got something you want me to write about comment me or email me your suggestions. Don't forget to critic too!

No comments:

Post a Comment