Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Why am I called Motoko?

My friend Skylar asked me this today on facebook and I decided to write it here since it can be a long story.
It started way back in middle school. My friends Corry, Jeff, and I had just finished a night of Ragnarok online when we wanted some root beer. We all picked Kingdom Hearts characters but Jeff didn't want me to be Kairi since he was Sora. I was like fine you pick a character for me. We spent hours trying to figure out who I would role play on the way to Walmart. We were relating me to anime characters and then that was when Corry shouted Motoko! I hate turtles, I always would play with swords, I took a couple months of Kendo, ( had to quit cuz I couldn't afford it. ) and I am always so mean to guys. I mean I would hang with the guys and be one of them but when one came to ask me out I would look down on them like they were a sack of potatoes. They started calling me Motoko everywhere I went and it started to catch on. Next thing I knew the whole anime community only knew me as Motoko. The best part is though in freshman year of high school, I met this boy he became my best friends though it all and his nick name... Keitaro. What is even funnier was when we learned our real names. His is Daniel and mine is Danielle.
To be honest I always look back and wonder, what would hat happened if I picked the nick name I wanted? I always wanted to be called Haruko from FLCL. Nowadays I am just called by what ever cosplay I am in or random names but Motoko will never die.


Thanks Skylar for my topic of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment